Going on with works...

I wanted to post regular updates about my works at my future apartment, but I've been rather disorganized...
Anyway I took photos as works went on, and progress is visible!
Here are a few of the photos I took, it's nice to see how the home is improving!

This was a corner of the living room after removing wallpaper ( still  on the floor! )...Then I had to wash and scrape the walls carefully to remove paper leftovers and glue, and wash the ceiling...so you can see in the following photo, that was necessary! (the part of ceiling on the right has only been washed with water) It was a hard work, but surely saved  a coat of paint...

After painting all the living room,  I had to change the  roller blind in my son's room... The old one was in terrible conditions, (as were all the windows in origin, but I had managed to repaint all of them before the winter)
So I bought  a new roller blind, which consisted in a lot of heavy PVC sticks...

  I sawed them to the right length and composed the roller blind, this way
...Until it was complete...
And I could install it (with my son's help, as it was very heavy and rather difficult to handle). This is the finished window, already painted and with a new handle
Then I added a folding door to the living room (that didn't have any door). I don't particularly like folding doors, but a traditional door would have taken too much wall space, which I need for bookcases, and anyway it's a door that will stay almost always open, so never mind if it's nor very practical...
Anyway, I found a model that didn't look too bad, and as I had done with the roller blind I had to cut it to size and put  all the pieces together...

And here is the door finished and in its place (and the living room is painted)

Yesterday I started to work at my son's room!
The walls and ceiling are covered with 1 cm thick cork tiles, for insulation, and I'm keeping them.. But I want to paint them as they are dark brown now and the room looks very dark. Unfortunately there is a bit of space between tiles and some of them are a bit bent or detached in some corners, so first of all I must stabilize them  and fill all the spaces.. I found a nice material for crafts and painting that remains flexible when dry, won't crack and can be painted... The best way to fill the space between tiles is using a syringe, and this is the work I'm doing these days!
It's very slow of course, and I'll need a few more days to finish this wall
And then there will be the ceiling (that needs some  fixing too as some tiles look uneven)!
I think I'll need a couple of weeks before starting painting this room! But works are going on :-)


Comments

Anonymous said…
Great blog! Nice photos to illustrate. Impressed with the work so far.

Roger
Anonymous said…
This is a comment test.
BTW in the box that let's me prove I'm not a robot, there are only numbers -and they want me to type the text! So am I a robot if I type the numbers or if I Don't type the numbers?

What a great work you're doing in your appartment! I recognised it of course. Good memories.

Pieter.
(I think i'll type the numbers)
Roger Hewitt said…
The numbers in the photo bit I ignored and it still passed the "type the text" check! It doesn't fill one with confidence ... I'm posting this to test the Name/URL option.

Anyway ... I hope you will keep the blogs going with further progress reports, Elena!
Smithy said…
Hmmmm... would you consider coming to Canada to do my house? lol

Ted
You are so amazing Elena! It really looks good, I'm glad to hear that sometimes you get some help but what a great accomplishment! Io mi tolgo il cappello davanti a te!
Monica said…
Caspita. ...ma hai fatto tutto da sola?? Amazing!!
Unknown said…
It's looking marvelous, Elena. You're amazing. Celia
Elena said…
Thanks for your comments, everybody! I'll keep you updated on my works in progress :-)
Elena said…
@Monica, grazie...Si', faccio tutto io (un po' per volta)!
JudyC said…
It's all looking good. You did a wonderful job.